Yeah, I need help when I’m planning for planning. I wrote down what all I need to outline, starting tomorrow at 5:30am.
- 3 Act plot, brief summary of 3 catastrophes and important plots of the catastrophes
- Fleshing out of 3 Act summary:
- Act 1, subplots, what needs to be established (how the characters are committed)
- Act 2, what needs to happen to progress the story
- Act 3, what needs to be concluded
- Subplots and where they go
- Scene sketch–scenes are still flexible and susceptible to change during the month
- How long each scene should be
- Mood(s) of scene
- Purpose (every scene should have a purpose, but you can mainly deal with that after you’re done trying to get words 😉 )
- Go back over character sheets
- Take not of important character traits that must be there for the story to work. Note these in a synopsis somewhere.
- Finally establish plot arc and tension throughout story
Okay, just to let you all know, not everyone plans like I do. Some would explode if they tried. I might explode, I don’t know, but I enjoy doing this. If you don’t! You don’t have to! Don’t let that stop you from doing NaNoWriMo. And after you get a few NaNoMonths under your belt, you will know more about what you ought to outline before hand. 😉
With great caffeinated well-wishes,